Raise your hand if you have been baking more - bread, pizza dough, cakes - you name it (I think I see everyone raising their hands!).
If you want to test out powerhouse of a mixer, Ankarsrum is your brand. Formerly known as the Electrolux Magic Mill, it's still designed and manufactured in Sweden (where all the perfectly designed things seem to come from), 80 years since it first rolled off the production line.
All the technical reasons to check it out are below (and they're great). But what *I* love is that, unlike "the other" high-end mixer brand, the entire bowl is open from above, so you don't have to do that weird shimmy to try to get the ingredients in the bowl without having them puff all over the counter.
They also come in 11 cool colors, which you can check out here.
What You'll Test Out:
- 7L stainless steel bowl
- 3.5L Double whisk bowl assembly (bowl, whisks, head gear, and shaft)
- Dough hook
- Cookie Beaters
- Removable power cord
- Powerful and quiet 600 watt motor features self adjusting speed control. Includes 12 minute timer and bowl speed control (adjusts from 45 to 130 rpm.)
- Unique engineering puts the motor in the bottom of the unit. A movable steel arm holds the roller with a separate scraper that simultaneously rolls and kneads dough and batter.
- Mixer may be turned on its side to accommodate a variety of attachments purchased separately. These include a meat grinder, vegetable slicer, blender, citrus press, strainer, grater, pasta discs, flake and grain mills and cookie press.
- Large plastic beater bowl whisks meringue, creams butter and icing and holds up to 18 egg whites.
- Weighs only 19lbs. with stainless steel bowl and fits conveniently under overhead cabinets on most kitchen counters. Rubber feet and solid construction keep mixer in place during operation.